History & Values

Our History

Trinity Terrace is a Life Plan Community that has been serving Fort Worth seniors for more than 100 years. Our origins can be traced back to 1897, when The Reverend A.B. Buchanan, pastor of the Taylor Street Cumberland Presbyterian Church, spearheaded the effort to create a retirement community. When it first opened, it was located in Arlington Heights and called The Cumberland Rest (TCR). Over the next several decades, TCR changed location five times as it grew in both size and scope. In 1975, the TCR board purchased land on the corner of Texas and Penn Streets and built what is now Trinity Terrace.

In 1995 Trinity Terrace joined the Pacific Retirement Services (PRS) family of affiliates. Since then, Trinity Terrace has continued to grow and expand. In addition to its main tower, Trinity Terrace added the 16-story City Tower in 2008, and in August 2017, it opened the doors of the new 23-story River Tower.

We are, and always have been, a not-for-profit, resident-centered organization. As such, we are continually reinvesting back into our community, expanding programs and services and adding amenities that enhance residents’ lives.

Experienced Management

Pacific Retirement Services, Inc., is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Medford, Oregon, that was formally incorporated in 1991. Today PRS develops, operates, manages, and markets a family of more than 50 retirement communities and service organizations in six states across the United States. The corporation has nearly 3,000 employees and provides housing and services to more than 5,200 seniors through its many affiliated organizations.

Mission Statement

Our mission is to provide authentic living for our residents that creates a sense of home while offering a level of convenience, connectedness, service, and security they would not get by staying in their homes.