(Medford, Oregon) November 5, 2013
- Pacific Retirement Services, Inc. (PRS), a national not-for-profit leader in senior housing and care, announced today that it has elected new officers and directors at an Annual Meeting of its Board of Directors, held on October 28, 2013, in conjunction with the national LeadingAge conference in Dallas, Texas.
The newly elected Chair is law partner Douglass H. Schmor, who has served on the board since 2010 (see below). Larry Boeck is the new Vice Chair, and has served on the board since 2011. Doug Spani is the new Secretary, and has served on the board since 2011. And the new Assistant Secretary is Carolyn (Lyn) Hennion, the previous Chair who has served on the board since 2006.
Douglass H. Schmor is a partner in the law firm of Brophy, Schmor, Brophy, Paradis, Maddox & Weaver, LLP, in Medford, Oregon. He specializes in business law, business organizations, real estate and estate planning. Mr. Schmor earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Willamette University in 1973 and his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from Harvard Law School in 1976. He sits on various other boards, including the boards of two PRS corporations: Retirement Services, Inc., and Retirement Services, LLC.
The new directors elected in 2013 are:
- Todd Martin is a retired electrical engineer, pastor, and medical ethicist from Portland, Oregon. He serves concurrently as Chair of the Mirabella Portland and Mirabella Portland Foundation boards. Mirabella Portland is a PRS Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) affiliate located in Portland, Oregon.
- Mrs. Jacque Bartholomew, from Davis, California, is a retired Vice President and Manager of Wells Fargo Bank. She concurrently serves as Chair of the board of University Retirement Community, a PRS CCRC affiliate located in Davis, California. She also serves on several advisory boards of the University of California, Davis.
- Christopher (Tiff) R. Wood is a Principal and Consulting Actuary with Milliman in Portland, Oregon. He concurrently serves on the boards of Holladay Park Plaza, a PRS CCRC affiliate in Portland, Oregon, and Retirement Services, Inc., a PRS corporation. A Harvard graduate, Mr. Wood was a three-time U.S. Olympic Team rower.
- Bob Mayers is the co-owner, CEO, and Project Principal of Adroit Construction Company, Inc., in Ashland, Oregon. He concurrently serves on the boards of Rogue Valley Manor, a PRS CCRC affiliate in Medford, Oregon, and Retirement Services, Inc., a PRS corporation, among other boards in the area.
"The unique experience and expertise offered by these newly elected officers and directors—from insurance, banking, and law to construction and engineering—further diversify and strengthen our board," says Brian McLemore, President and CEO of PRS. "They also expand representation for the Continuing Care Retirement Communities and regions we serve. On behalf of the entire PRS family, we look forward to the important contributions they’ll make toward our success."