Comprehensive Wellness Program
We believe the key to a healthy, balanced life is supporting all six dimensions of wellness—physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social, and vocational. That’s why we’ve established a wellness program that provides opportunities to enhance each of these dimensions.
- Our active events calendar and frequent community events help bolster social wellness.
- Our first-rate fitness and aquatic center and numerous exercise classes, including aqua aerobics and tai chi, along with other spa-style amenities, help you maintain physical wellness.
- Our vast array of hobby and discussion groups help promote vocational and intellectual wellness.
- Though spiritual and emotional wellness are more personal, we also provide services and amenities that can help, such as meditation classes or beautiful outdoor spaces through which to walk and reflect.
Our on-site fitness center offers state-of-the-art exercise equipment, a plethora of exercise classes for all ability levels, and an indoor pool for a variety of activities. Features include:
- Strength training equipment specially designed for seniors
- Stationary exercise bicycles
- Treadmills with built-in TVs
- Handheld free weights
- Stability balls and other balance enhancers
- Exercise mats and resistance bands
- Personal trainer
- Massage therapy
Our saline indoor pool and spa are places residents love spending time, whether they are swimming laps, taking an aqua-aerobics class, or relaxing in the warmth of the bubbling spa.
Swimming is beneficial to everyone, but those who have arthritis or are recovering from an injury or surgery can reap even greater rewards from this gentle exercise. Both the pool and spa have graduated stairs for easy entry and exit. There is also a specially designed transport system for residents who cannot walk into the pool on their own. Residents find this useful when they are recovering from a hip or knee surgery: they can be gently lowered into the pool to do their water-based physical therapy, and then be gently lifted out.
Activities & Classes
On-site lectures, book clubs, exercise classes, outdoor recreation—no matter what your passion is, chances are, you’ll find an outlet for it at The Meadows of Napa Valley. The question will not be how you will fill your time here but rather when you will find time to rest before the next event. Below you’ll find a sampling of just a few of the classes we offer:
- Yoga — Uses gentle breathing patterns and stretching postures to reduce stress and unite the mind and body.
- Laughter Yoga — Uses a combination of deep breathing exercises and childlike playfulness to oxygenate the body and brain.
- Tai Chi — A traditional form of exercise that helps the mind and body work in concert. It’s also excellent for improving balance.
- Strength and Balance — A gentle, fun workout meant to increase flexibility, mobility, and strength.
- Chair Fitness — Easy, gentle exercises done while seated that are meant to increase mobility, flexibility, and strength. Great for those recovering from a hospital stay or a visit to the rehabilitation center.
- Stretching, Meditation, and Energy — Gain the benefits of a calm mind, better clarity and relaxation of the mind and body.