Capitol Lakes Aquatic & Wellness Center Membership
Our Aquatic & Wellness Center is open to members of the general public who are:
- Age 50 and over
- Adults of any age who have chronic or acute medical conditions (must have a physician’s referral)
Interested in becoming a member, but aren’t sure if it’s right for you? Come and give us a try. We offer a one-week trial membership so that you can see for yourself why residents and members alike love our facilities. Call 608-283-2036 to learn more.
About the Aquatic & Wellness Center
At Capitol Lakes, we’re proud to offer a state-of-the-art Aquatic & Wellness Center, including an indoor lap pool, therapy pool and spa, as well as a multitude of fun classes and activities designed with wellness in mind.
Swimming has proven time and time again to be one of the healthiest, gentlest forms of exercise—especially to those who have arthritis or are recovering from an injury or surgery. Come and take a variety of aqua aerobics classes taught by our qualified instructors and enjoy a great workout that is fun without being hard on the joints.
Our two pools and spa have graduated stairs for easy entry and exit. Both pools are also wheelchair friendly, as our lap pool has a handicap accessible chair lift for easy access, and our therapy pool has a ramp entry.
Amenities & Features
The Aquatic & Wellness Center at Capitol Lakes features the following amenities:
- Lap Pool – a 25-yard pool featuring three extra wide lanes, and kept at a comfortable 82 degrees. Classes offered include aerobic aquacise, and deep-water exercise.
- Therapy Pool – a 20-by-40-foot warm water pool kept at 92 degrees. Classes offered include arthritis therapy, aquacise, interval training, Qigong, and yoga.
- Whirlpool Spa – kept at 102 degrees. Our spa is a great way to soothe muscles after a workout.
- Locker Rooms – Fully-equipped rooms with lockers, private showers, and swimsuit dryers.
- Fitness Studio – Our sports floor minimizes stress on the joints.
- Strength Equipment Room – features Keiser® circuit strength training equipment for complete body strengthening.
- Cardio Fitness Studio – features Life Fitness and Woodway® treadmills, NuStep® recumbent steppers, Life Fitness elliptical machines, rowing machines, and more.
- Specialty Classes – includes a land- and aquatic-based pre- and post-natal fitness program called Exercise for Two, and a Post-op Success class for those recovering from hip and knee surgeries.
We also offer a variety of health-related services including:
- Massage therapy
- Personal training
- Supervised fitness programs
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
Activities & Classes
No matter how you like to engage in exercise, you’ll find what you’re looking for at our Aquatic & Wellness Center. Our trained instructors offer a wide variety of both land- and water-based classes for all fitness levels.
The array of classes offered at Capitol Lakes can be viewed by clicking on our Aquatic & Wellness Center Schedule.
The Aquatic & Wellness Center is conveniently located in downtown Madison and is accessible to those with disabilities. Parking is free for members.
For more information or to become a member, please call 608-283-2036.