Amenities & Features: Health & Wellness
Comprehensive Wellness Program
We believe the key to a healthy, balanced life is supporting all six dimensions of wellness—physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social, and vocational. That’s why we’ve established a wellness program that provides opportunities to enhance each of these dimensions.
- Our active events calendar and frequent community events help bolster social wellness.
- Our first-rate fitness and aquatic center and numerous exercise classes, massage therapy, and other spa-style amenities help you maintain physical wellness.
- Our vast array of hobby and discussion groups help promote vocational and intellectual wellness.
- Though spiritual and emotional wellness are more personal, we also provide services and amenities than can help, such as nondenominational religious services or a beautiful outdoor garden through which to walk and reflect.
First-class Fitness Center
Our on-site fitness center offers state-of-the-art exercise equipment, a plethora of exercise classes for all ability levels, and an indoor pool for a variety of activities. Features include:
- Personal trainers
- Strength training equipment specially designed for seniors
- Stationary exercise bicycles
- Stair climbers
- Rowing machine
- Handheld free weights
- Stability balls and other balance enhancers
- Exercise mats and resistance bands
Activities & Classes
Educational seminars, exercise classes, book clubs, happy hour—the possibilities are practically endless at our friendly neighborhood community. The question will not be how you will fill your time here but rather when you will find time to rest before the next event.
Aqua Aerobics – our water exercise program is popular with just about everyone on campus because of the dynamic but gentle workout it provides. It’s also a great way to recover from some types of injuries or surgeries.
Chair Aerobics – a fun workout for the whole body. It starts with a gentle warm-up then moves into cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility training.
Better Bones – focuses on gentle weight-bearing exercises that concentrate on posture, balance, flexibility, core strength, and fall prevention.
Ab Lab – a full 30 minutes of abdominal exercises that improve core strength.
Circuit Training – a weight room workout done to motivational music. It incorporates cardiovascular training and strength training.
Mat Yoga – great for residents who are new to yoga or exercise. It uses gentle breathing patterns and stretching postures to reduce stress and unite the mind and body.
Tai Chi – a traditional form of exercise that helps the mind and body work in concert. It’s also excellent for improving balance.