Health & Wellness
Comprehensive Wellness Program
We believe the key to a healthy, balanced life is supporting all six dimensions of wellness—physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social, and vocational. That’s why we’ve established a wellness program that provides opportunities to enhance each of these dimensions.
- Our active events calendar and frequent community events help bolster social wellness.
- Our first-rate fitness and aquatic center and numerous exercise classes, including aqua aerobics and tai chi, along with other spa-style amenities, help you maintain physical wellness.
- Our vast array of hobby and discussion groups help promote vocational and intellectual wellness.
- Though spiritual and emotional wellness are more personal, we also provide services and amenities that can help, such as meditation classes or beautiful outdoor spaces through which to walk and reflect.
Our on-site fitness center offers state-of-the-art exercise equipment, a plethora of exercise classes for all ability levels, and an indoor pool for a variety of activities. Features include:
- Strength-training equipment designed for seniors
- Ellipticals and treadmills with built-in TVs
- Stationary bicycles with built-in TVs
- Free weights and resistance bands
- Stability balls and other balance enhancers
- Massage therapy
Our saline indoor pool and spa are places residents love spending time, whether they are swimming laps, taking an aqua-aerobics class, or just relaxing in the warmth of the bubbling spa.
Swimming is beneficial to everyone, but those who have arthritis or are recovering from an injury or surgery can reap even greater rewards from this gentle exercise. Both the pool and spa have graduated stairs for easy entry and exit. There is also a specially designed transport system for residents who cannot walk into the pool on their own. Residents find this useful when they are recovering from a hip or knee surgery: they can be gently lowered into the pool to do their water-based physical therapy, and then be gently lifted out.
Activities & Classes
Aqua Aerobics – Our water exercise program is popular with just about everyone on campus because of the dynamic but gentle workout it provides. It’s also a great way to recover from some types of injuries or surgeries.
Tai Chi – A traditional form of exercise that helps the mind and body work in concert. It’s also excellent for improving balance.
Yoga – Uses gentle breathing patterns and stretching postures to reduce stress and unite the mind and body.
Stretch and Flex – A gentle, fun workout meant to increase flexibility, mobility, and strength.
Sit 2B Fit – Easy, gentle exercises done while seated that are meant to increase mobility, flexibility, and strength. Great for those recovering from a hospital stay or a visit to the rehabilitation center.
Circuit Training – Enjoy a full body workout with this guided course through our specially designed weights circuit.