Amenities & Features: Health & Wellness
Comprehensive Wellness Program
We believe the key to a healthy, balanced life is supporting all six dimensions of wellness—physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social, and vocational. That’s why we’ve established a wellness program that provides opportunities to enhance each of these dimensions.
- Our active events calendar and frequent community events help bolster social wellness.
- Our first-rate fitness and aquatic center, numerous exercise classes, and other spa-style amenities help you maintain physical wellness.
- Our vast array of hobby and discussion groups help promote vocational and intellectual wellness.
- Though spiritual and emotional wellness are more personal, we also provide services and amenities than can help, such as one-on-one counseling, or a beautiful outdoor garden through which to walk and reflect.
Our on-site fitness center offers a variety of exercise equipment, a plethora of exercise classes for all ability levels, and an indoor pool and spa for a variety of activities. Features include:
- Personal trainers
- Strength training equipment specially designed for seniors
- Stationary exercise bicycles
- Elliptical trainers
Activities & Classes
On-site lectures, book clubs, exercise classes, outdoor recreation—no matter what your passion is, chances are, you'll find an outlet for it at Cascade Manor. The question will not be how you will fill your time here but rather when you will find time to rest before the next event. Below you’ll find a sampling of just a few of the classes we offer:
Tai Chi — A traditional form of exercise that helps the mind and body work in concert. It’s also excellent for improving balance.
Better Bones — Focuses on gentle weight-bearing exercises that concentrate on posture, balance, flexibility, core strength, and fall prevention.
Dancing for Life — An instructor-led course featuring lessons on ballroom dancing, swing dancing, and more.
Aqua Aerobics — Our water exercise program is popular with just about everyone on campus because of the dynamic but gentle workout it provides. It’s also a great way to recover from some types of injuries or surgeries.
Deep Dynamics — A deep water exercise class offered twice weekly for a thorough, core-burning workout.