We are committed to ensuring that seniors, regardless of their economic situation, have an opportunity to enjoy a comfortable and secure living environment. PRS Community Housing manages 25 affordable housing communities across Oregon, California, and Texas—including one for families (Glenridge Terrace in Medford, Oregon)—with support from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. In fact, PRS is one of the top not-for-profit affordable housing providers in the nation, with superior ratings from HUD management reviews and Real Estate Assessment Center.
Find a community near you
HOW DO I APPLY?
Download our general application packet or visit an individual community page for more information, forms and application instructions. You can also find printed application packets at any of our Community Housing locations (for a list of locations, select a state above) or you can request a paper application be mailed to you by calling our central office at 800-714-9177
Requirements for affordable housing eligibility are set by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- The applicant or applicant’s spouse must be 62 years of age or older—with the exception of Glenridge Terrace, Ross Knotts, and Donald E. Lewis, where exceptions apply.
- Applicant(s) must make less than the income limits set by HUD, which varies by location.
Applicant(s) must meet posted criteria stated on the Tenant Selection Plan, which is included in the application packet.
RENT AND UTILITIES SUPPORT
Rents are subsidized by HUD for people who meet the federal requirements. Rent is based on a resident’s adjusted gross income, which is calculated by subtracting approved medical expenses from income. The resident pays 30% of their adjusted income for rent.
Water, garbage, and sewage expenses are covered by the facility. Because residents are responsible for their own electricity, HUD provides a utility allowance that is deducted from the rent.
We comply with federal, state, and local fair housing regulations, housing persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, familial status, or disability. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability status in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, federal, state, or local assisted programs and activities.
Applicants and residents with limited English-language proficiency may schedule interpretive services upon request.
- Averaging 520 square feet, apartments are modern, cozy, and well-maintained.
- All apartments have carpeting, ample closet space, efficient floor plans, a window view, and a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator and range.
- Most apartments have individually controlled heating and cooling.
- Most communities are equipped with elevators, community rooms, on-site mail, and laundry facilities.
- Every building is designed to provide security while affording independence.
- You never have to worry about any outdoor or indoor maintenance.
- Pets are allowed if they meet the individual community’s pet policy.