Trinity Terrace is the only company in Fort Worth and among only 45 in Texas to achieve SHARP certification in 2014 for “exemplary Safety and Health Management Systems.”
Tarrant County’s only accredited Continuing Care Retirement Community announced today that it has earned certification in the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA’s) 2014 Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP). Trinity Terrace has been in SHARP, in Pre-SHARP, or a SHARP certified facility since 2005.
“SHARP certification is a company-wide commitment, but it is the excellence our employees exhibit every day that has earned us this certification,” says Trinity Terrace Executive Director Lee Patterson. “Because of their efforts, we’ve received two consecutive SHARP certifications, in 2013 and 2014, as well as ongoing CARF-CCAC continuing care accreditation and Five-Star Quality (healthcare) Ratings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. This has made Trinity Terrace one of the highest-ranking retirement communities in Texas, and I’m proud and impressed with their service each and every day.”
SHARP recognizes high-hazard companies with 250 employees or fewer who enter into this elective program and achieve an exemplary injury and illness prevention program. In Fiscal
Year 2013, 2,328 inspections in the State of Texas resulted in only 36 companies receiving SHARP status, including Trinity Terrace. In 2014, 45 companies in Texas received SHARP certification, and only one, Trinity Terrace, was from Fort Worth. Normally SHARP certification is an annual occurrence, but because Trinity Terrace has achieved certification for two consecutive years, it has received a two-year SHARP certification.
Very few companies even meet the baseline requirements to be eligible for the initial one-year mandatory Pre-SHARP preparation period. The preparation steps are:
- Request a comprehensive consultation visit from an OSHA On-site Consultation office that involves a complete hazard identification survey;
- Involve employees in the consultation process;
- Correct all hazards identified by the consultant;
- Implement and maintain an injury and illness prevention program that, at a minimum, addresses OSHA’s 1989 Safety and Health Program Management Guidelines;
- Maintain the company’s Days Away, Restricted, or Transferred (DART) rate and Total Recordable Case (TRC) rate below the national average for its industry; and
- Agree to notify its state’s On-site Consultation office prior to making any changes in the working conditions or introducing new hazards into the workplace.
Trinity Terrace is located at 1600 Texas Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76102. For more information, call 817-338-2423 or 1-800-841-0561 and visit www.retirement.org/trinity.
About Trinity Terrace
This not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community is accredited by the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission of CARF International. Located in the heart of Fort Worth, Trinity Terrace offers an array of senior living residences with scenic views, lifestyle-enhancing amenities, assistive services, and skilled nursing care. It is also expanding, adding the brand-new River Tower! Levels of care include Independent Living, Extended Living, Home Care, and five-star, Medicare-certified Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation.