The origins of Trinity Terrace can be traced back more than 100 years to 1897. It began when The Reverend A.B. Buchanan, pastor of the Taylor Street Cumberland Presbyterian Church, spearheaded the effort to create a retirement home for seniors. When it first opened, it was located in Arlington Heights and called the Cumberland Rest (TCR). Over the next several decades, TCR moved its location five times, growing in both size and scope. In 1975, the TCR Board purchased land on the corner of Texas and Penn Streets and built what is now Trinity Terrace.
In 1995, Trinity Terrace became part of the Pacific Retirement Services’ family of affiliates, though it is still owned by the Cumberland Rest, Inc., a not-for-profit corporation. Pacific Retirement Services, along with a local Board of Directors, establishes policies to maintain Trinity Terrace’s mission.
Trinity Terrace is a premier continuing care retirement community that enriches the lives of its residents.
Trinity Terrace will be the leading accredited retirement community in Texas.