- Strength training equipment specially designed for seniors
- Stationary exercise bicycles
- Handheld free weights
- Stability balls and other balance enhancers
- Exercise mats and resistance bands
Our Wellness team is available to instruct you on how to properly use all equipment and develop a personalized exercise program to fit your needs.
Saratoga Retirement Community is unique in that it offers an extensive schedule of weekly classes and activities that make staying active fun:
- Chair Yoga – This is especially good for people with knee problems.
- Stretch and Flexibility – Enhances balance and strength through a gentle range of motion movements.
- Stability and Balance – Improves residents’ balance.
- Sit and Be Fit™ – For people who need a less strenuous form of exercise.
- Core Conditioning – Builds core strength, which is good for balance.
- Taiko Drumming – Residents get an aerobic workout using Taiko-like drums while learning music patterns to improve coordination. Invigorating and fun!
- Walkers’ Group – This group heads out to the nearby hillsides and covers two to six miles, depending on the particular hike.
- Bocce Club – Resident teams enjoy sportive competition.
- Putting Club – Our on-campus Putting Green is challenging, yet fun.
- Tai Chi – Tai Chi involves a series of movements performed in a slow, focused manner and accompanied by deep breathing
- Guided Meditation – Gain the benefits of a calm mind, better clarity and relaxation of the mind and body
After your workout, you can relax your body in the warmth of the Indoor Spa, then take a shower in the private locker rooms for men and women.