Respite Care program volunteers provide family members a time of relief from the constant everyday care of an elderly, infirm person.
Why do caregivers need Respite?
- To have time free from worry
- To relieve stress
- To take care of personal needs
- To obtain a sense of well-being
- To have fun
- To be able to continue to give care at home
Who can receive Respite Care?
Most people in Jackson County who are caring full time for a person past 60 years of age are eligible.
How much does Respite Care cost?
There is no charge to the family for respite service.
How can you help?
Adult volunteers of any age are needed. Training will be provided and mileage can be reimbursed.
- Provide 8 to 16 hours of relief time each month for a family caregiver
- Give companionship to an infirm person
- Help with simple recreational activities, or provide assistance at mealtimes
- Gain the satisfaction of helping a family in a time of critical need
For more information about:
- Becoming a Respite Care Volunteer
- Obtaining Respite Care Service
- Other Volunteer Opportunities
Call RSVP 541-857-7780