Rogue Valley Manor is home to more than 130 resident groups, where people can indulge themselves in their favorite hobbies or pursue new avenues of cultural, recreational or educational adventure.
Many on-campus activities are organized by our Recreation Department and our Resident Services Team. Other groups have been created and are run by residents. With so many different activities and groups, you’re sure to find several that appeal to your personal interests.
The following is a sampling of what’s available on campus:
- Arts, crafts and hobbies: art classes, flower arranging, gardening, lapidary, jewelry making, glass work, pottery, sewing, weaving, knitting, woodworking, video production in our own TV studio
- Cards and board games: bridge, poker, duplicate bridge, mah-jongg, pan, poker, rummikub, chess, checkers
- Clubs: ham radio, camera, play reading group, book reading, computer, poetry, hiking, RV
- Dancing: ballroom, dinner dances, line, tap
- Educational programs and lectures: on- and off-campus presentations about health, financial planning, current news events
- Fitness and exercise programs: two Fitness Centers with treadmills, exercise bikes, free weights and Keiser fitness equipment; a large Indoor Pool and Spa; balance class; low-impact aerobics; water aerobics; lap swimming; yoga; tai chi; stretch class; strength training; circuit training; private training
- Musical entertainment: piano recitals, visiting musical groups of all types
- Recreation: croquet court, indoor and outdoor lawn bowling, billiards, table tennis, water volleyball, Wii games
- Trips and tours: local wineries, Crater Lake, Seven Feathers Casino, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Britt Festivals concerts