At Mirabella Portland, residents enjoy being active in community life, both on campus and off. They are accomplished individuals from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences. They are socially active, engaged in the world, and enjoy learning new things.
Many of the social programs, activities, and events that we offer have been created based on input from residents, and our thriving community is home to many different types of interest groups.
- Arts, Crafts & Hobbies: Drawing, needlework, quilting, several book clubs, Fun & Games group
- Cards & Board Games: Bridge, poker, mah-jongg, chess, checkers, jigsaw puzzles, Trivial Pursuit
- Educational Programs & Lectures: Presentations about health, current news events, and word affairs; Art & Conversation; Brain Awareness; Your Brain on Music; Sculpture with Bobby Cohn, and more
- Fitness & Exercise Programs: Fitness Center with treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical cross training machines, strength training equipment, handheld free weights, medicine ball strength training equipment, and balance enhancers. Weekly classes include aqua aerobics, pool volleyball, tai chi, yoga, low-impact aerobics, stretch and tone, and core strength
- Musical Entertainment: Visiting musical groups of all types: piano, violin, cello
- Recreation: Billiards, pool volleyball, Wii gaming, walking
- Social Events: Women’s Tea Social, Residents’ Coffee Social, Resident Meet & Greet, Resident Birthday Celebrations
- Trips/Tours: Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Oregon Symphony, Oregon Ballet Theatre, Beaverton Symphony, Portland Art Museum, Oregon History Museum, Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum