Residents who live at the Meadows are accomplished people from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences. They are socially active, engaged in the world, and enjoy learning new things.
Our campus is home to many different types of interest groups, where residents enjoy their favorite hobbies or pursue new avenues of cultural, recreational, or educational adventure.
Because Napa is located in such a culturally rich area, there are always day trips offered. Our Shuttle bus takes residents to cultural and recreational attractions near and far. Napa itself offers a wealth of things to do, and nearby San Francisco is one of the most exciting cities in the world. With so many different activities and groups to choose from, you’re sure to find several that appeal to your personal interests.
- Cards & Board Games: Bridge, Mexican train, cribbage, poker, chess, checkers
- Educational Programs & Lectures: Current world events, art appreciation, brain fitness, overall health and wellness
- Groups/Clubs: Philosophy, Perfect Putters, Book, Meadows Troopers
- Fitness & Exercise Programs: Fitness Center with treadmills, exercise bikes, elliptical trainer, and strength training equipment; weekly exercise classes include chair aerobics, balance, yoga, meditation/stretching, aqua aerobics. Weekly memory-enhancement class
- Musical Entertainment: Visiting musical groups of all types
- Recreation: Bocce ball, Putting green, billiards, Wii gaming, line dancing
- Campus Events: Friday Happy Hour, Bocce Challenge, special-event parties for Mardi Gras, Super Bowl, Academy Awards, and more
- Trips/Tours: Culinary Institute of America at Greystone Tour, Wine Spectator, Napa Valley Wine Train, Stanford University Campus Tour, San Francisco Symphony, and more