Residents of Capitol Lakes are accomplished people from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences. They are socially active, engaged in the world, and enjoy learning new things.
Our campus is home to many different types of interest groups, where residents enjoy their favorite hobbies or pursue new avenues of cultural, recreational, or educational adventure.
Many activities are organized by our Recreation Department, while others have been organized by residents themselves. With so many different activities and groups to choose from, you’re sure to find several that appeal to your personal interests.
- Small Group Activities: Card games, Mah-jongg, book club, computer club, knitting, and discussion groups
- Art Workshop: UW art classes, watercolors and acrylics, jewelry, silk scarves, holiday decorations
- Educational Programs: Presentations on health, financial planning, and current events; classes on travel, American history, international films, global affairs, and writing
- Fitness & Exercise Programs: Aquatic & Wellness Center, with an indoor lap pool, warm water therapy/aqua-exercise pool, and whirlpool spa; fitness equipment specially selected for seniors; weekly exercise classes; and yoga classes
- Entertainment: Classical music, opera, jazz, big band, and other musical concerts; University of Wisconsin graduate- and masters-level musical recitals hosted in our acoustically perfect Grand Hall, which is home to two grand pianos; theatrical performances; and lectures
- Special Events: Art openings in our Atrium Galleria, holiday events, Opera in the Park, and socials
- Trips/Tours: UW sites, Olbrich Gardens, Overture Center events, art museums, historic sites, weekly shopping trips, area restaurants
Volunteer Opportunities: Opportunities to assist in our library, write for our newsletter, host special events, plan art openings, teach classes, participate in committees, and serve on our resident council