Welcome to the Aquatic and Wellness Center at Capitol Lakes! Our state-of-the-art facility is open to members of the general public who are:
- Age 50 and over.
- Adults of any age who have chronic or acute medical conditions (must have a physician’s referral).
- Guests of our members.
- In need of pre- and post-natal fitness classes.
We know that once you see our remarkable facility, you’ll want to become a member. That’s why we offer a One-Week Trial Membership.
The Aquatic and Wellness Center is here to support you in an active lifestyle that advances your total health and well-being. Our center features the following amenities:
- Lap Pool – a 25-yard, 75-foot, three-lane pool kept at a comfortable 82 degrees. We offer lap swimming, water walking, aerobic aquacise, and deep-water exercise.
- Therapy Pool – a large 20-by-40-foot warm water pool kept at 92 degrees. We offer Arthritis Foundation classes, aquacise classes, and much more.
- Whirlpool Spa – a nine-person whirlpool spa kept at 100 degrees. It’s a great way to sooth muscles after a workout.
- His and Her Locker Rooms – with lockers, private showers, and swimsuit dryers.
- Fitness Studio – classes include aerobics, chair fitness, yoga, stretching, core strengthening, and others. Our sprung-wood floor minimizes stress on the joints.
- Strength Equipment Room – features Keiser® circuit strength training equipment for complete body strengthening.
- Cardio Fitness Studio – with Life Fitness and Woodway® treadmills, NuStep® recumbent steppers, Life Fitness elliptical machines, rowing machines, and more.
- Specialty Classes – includes a land- and aquatic-based pre- and post-natal fitness program called Exercise for Two.
- Visit our Classes page to see what’s available and when.
We also offer a variety of health-related services including:
- Massage Therapy
- Personal Training
- Supervised Fitness Programs
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
The Aquatic and Wellness Center is conveniently located in downtown Madison and is accessible to those with disabilities. Parking is free for members.
For more information or to become a member, please call 608-283-2036.
The Aquatic and Wellness Center at Capitol Lakes is affiliated with the following organizations:
- International Council on Active Aging®
- Arthritis Foundation®
- American College of Sports Medicine®
- American Council on Exercise®
- Aquatic Exercise Association
- International Council for Aquatic Therapy and Rehabilitation
- American Red Cross
Capitol Lakes Retirement Community
The Aquatic and Wellness Center at Capitol Lakes is part of the larger Capitol Lakes complex. Capitol Lakes is downtown Madison’s only Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC). As a CCRC, Capitol Lakes provides on-site health care for seniors, along with a vibrant, urban lifestyle. In addition to offering a wealth of fine amenities and spacious apartment homes, Capitol lakes offers the peace of mind that only comes from Continuing Care.
Residents find all levels of health care available if their needs change over time. Independent Living is for residents who do not need any assistive care. Assisted Living is for residents who need a little help with activities of daily living. Memory Care is for residents who have Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia.
Our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center offers short-term skilled nursing care and long-term skilled nursing care. The Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center also offers physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and other types of rehabilitation services.