Location, Location, Location!
Yes, we've all heard the phrase "location, location, location" as it applies to buying real estate. But it bears repeating in the context of senior living too. When you're choosing a senior living community, the location of that community is every bit as important as the location of a purchased home. Where you live influences how you live&mdashin many important ways.
Residents of Capitol Lakes are fortunate to enjoy living in a location that lets them stay active and involved in life. They live in a vibrant city, surrounded by people of all ages. They have easy access to fun, interesting activities, on-campus and off. So many elements contribute to making Capitol Lakes' location desirable. See below:
- Capitol Lakes is located in the heart of downtown Madison, just blocks from the State Capitol.
- It's easy to walk anywhere you want to go. Our campus is surrounded by restaurants, shops, art galleries, and cultural venues of all kinds.
- Dane County Farmers' Market is held on the Capitol Square every Saturday during growing season.
- In 10 minutes, you can walk to the Overture Center for the Arts and the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art.
- The Monona Terrace Community Center is also nearby, as are the Wisconsin Historical Museum and the Chazen Museum of Art.
- There are lifelong learning opportunities at the nearby University of Wisconsin.
- Capitol Lakes is also close to a number of sporting arenas and golf courses.
To learn more about Capitol Lake's enviable location, visit the Our Community link. From there, you can easily access links that will take you to the sites for everything we've mentioned above, and much more.
Resort-Style Amenities and Engaging Activities
People who have never visited Capitol Lakes often think we are exaggerating when we describe our amenities as "resort style." We don't mind at all, because we know that all it takes is one short visit to our community to understand why we chose that term to describe what Capitol Lakes offers.
Our thinking is this: Capitol Lakes offers the same amenities and activities that people seek out while going on resort vacations. Enjoying a massage in a soothing environment. Unwinding in a whirlpool spa. Using his- and her-locker rooms with private showers, suit dryers, and more.
That's starting to sound resort-like, right?
A lot of people like to remain active while spending time at their favorite resort. They enjoy working out in a state-of-the-art gym with the latest strength and cardiovascular equipment. Others enjoy taking yoga, tai chi, or aqua-aerobics classes. Still others look forward to taking a swim in a pristine pool.
Perhaps so many people try to stay active on vacation because they know they'll be indulging themselves in food that's so good it's hard to stop eating. Delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and desserts available every day. Healthful fare along with those "special occasion only" dishes.
Every single "resort-style" amenity we've mentioned in this article is available at Capitol Lakes. Why don't you call us today at 1-888-211-8801, and let us show you our resort-style amenities in person?
You can also visit our Testimonials page and listen to some of our residents tell you about our amenities and the many of the different aspects of being a part of Capitol Lakes retirement community.
Staying Safe While Staying Social
Adults age 55 and older are the fastest growing group of Facebook users. They're discovering it's a fun, easy way to stay in touch with friends and family members of all ages. Because Facebook is on the World Wide Web, however, we recommend users protect their personal information while continuing to grow valuable relationships. Here's how:
- Tighten your privacy settings. When you create a Facebook account, the automatic privacy settings are actually very public. Consider limiting your information to friends and family members only.
- Click on the padlock logo in the upper right-hand corner of your Facebook page. (On March 7, 2013, Facebook introduced a new design, although not everyone has it yet. If you have the new design, the padlock logo now appears near the top left corner of your Facebook page, near your name.)
- People who want to set their privacy settings as tight as possible can select "Friends."
- Don't accept all friend requests. If you don't know someone in real life, or even if you know that person but don't want to share personal information with him or her, just ignore heir friend requests.
- "Unfriend" a mistake. Did you accept a friend request you wish you hadn't? Go to his or her personal Facebook page, click on the "Friends" button and select "Unfriend."
- Avoid attracting burglars. Consider not announcing when you'll be traveling or how your nephew just installed a big-screen TV in your home.
- Don't reveal your age. Although you need to enter your birthdate when creating your profile – so Facebook knows you're over the minimum age of 13 – the world doesn't need to know your age.
- On your personal Facebook page, near your profile phone and name, click on "About." Then scroll down to "Basic Information" and click on "Edit."
- In the Birthday section, select "Show only month & day on my timeline" or "Don't show my birthday on my timeline."
- Give yourself the evil eye. Look at your Facebook page closely and think about what a malicious person could do with any of the information you've posted. Avoid sharing your birth date, home address, phone numbers and social security numbers.
- Be wary of Facebook applications. A Facebook application can give broad permission for whoever developed that application to access your data ... and your friends' data. Think twice before you take quizzes that ask questions like "Would you make a good FBI agent?" or "Would you like to keep better track of birthdays?" Better still, you might want to go to the left margin of Facebook's Privacy Settings page to find the "Apps" link. There, you can turn off all application settings or limit them to friends.
- Check your privacy settings regularly. Facebook has been known to alter their privacy features in the past. Hopefully strong pushback from the public will discourage them from doing the same in the future, but it's still a good idea to check on a regular basis. For more information about Facebook privacy, you may want to read this Wall Street Journal guide.
Now that you know how to keep yourself safe, we invite you to "Like" our Capitol Lakes Facebook page. With our business-style Facebook page, we cannot access your private information, we cannot see your private Facebook posts (unless you leave a comment on our posts or wall), and we promise we won't share any scary Facebook applications. Instead, we provide a safe, interactive way to experience our community.
Come join us at one of our free, no-obligation seminars to learn more about the Capitol Lakes lifestyle.
RSVPs are appreciated but not required to 608-283-2046.
For a list of events, directions, and to RSVP online, visit our schedule of seminars and presentations.
Schedule a Personal Tour Today!
We'd love to see you! Call 1-888-211-8801 to arrange a tour of Capitol Lakes. You can also visit our website to learn more.
The Capitol Lakes Marketing Team
Please DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail.
If you'd like more information about Capitol Lakes,
please call us at 1-888-211-8801. We'll be happy to help you!
You are receiving this e-mail because you have expressed interest in Capitol Lakes. If you wish to unsubscribe to our e-newsletter, please click here to unsubscribe. Thank you!
Capitol Lakes • 333 West Main Street • Madison, WI 53703