Our campus is home to many different types of interest groups, where residents enjoy their favorite hobbies or pursue new avenues of cultural, recreational, or educational adventure.
Many activities are organized by our Recreation Department, while others have been organized by residents themselves. With so many different activities and groups to choose from, you’re sure to find several that appeal to your personal interests.
- Arts, Crafts & Hobbies: Watercolor, drawing, woodworking, metal shop, sewing, knitting, book club, Bible study, writing club, vespers, hospitality hour, happy hour, Plaza Players Drama Club
- Cards & Board Games: Bridge, duplicate bridge, poker, mah-jongg, chess, checkers, jigsaw puzzles, bingo
- Dancing: Ballroom dancing, dinner dances, line dancing
- Educational Programs & Lectures: Presentations about health, financial planning, and current news events; brain aerobics; retirement learning lab; Great Decisions discussion session
- Fitness & Exercise Programs: Fitness Center with treadmills, stationary bikes, rowing machine, and strength training equipment; a large indoor Pool and Spa; weekly classes include Taoist tai chi, better bones, chair yoga, aqua aerobics, movement and meditation, circuit training, abdominal lab, swim lessons
- Musical Entertainment: Plaza Singers, piano recitals, visiting musical groups of all types
- Recreation: Billiards, water volleyball, Wii gaming, bowling, walking group, a 6-hole putting green
- Special Events: Oktoberfest, Resident Picnics, Wine Socials, Antique Fairs, Health Fairs, Board of Directors dinner, Sycamore Society, Comedy Club, resident birthday dinners
- Trips/Tours: Portland Center Stage, Oregon Symphony, Oregon Ballet Theatre, OMSI, Farmers Market, Saturday Market
- Volunteer Groups: Residents volunteer with local schools, community groups, and on campus at Holladay Park Plaza