- Strength training equipment specially designed for seniors
- Stationary exercise bicycles
- Stair climbers
- Rowing machine
- Handheld free weights
- Stability balls and other balance enhancers
- Exercise mats and resistance bands
You can even schedule private training sessions with our Personal Fitness Trainer, who will instruct you on how to use all of the equipment properly and create an exercise program that is customized for your unique needs.
Holladay Park Plaza offers a schedule of weekly classes and activities that make staying fit fun:
- Aqua Aerobics – our water exercise program is popular with just about everyone on campus because of the vigorous but gentle workout it provides. It’s also a great way to recover from some types of injuries or surgeries.
- Chair Aerobics – a fun workout for the whole body. It starts with a gentle warm-up, then moves into cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility training.
- Better Bones – this class focuses on gentle weight-bearing exercises that concentrate on posture, balance, flexibility, core strength, and fall prevention.
- Ab Lab – a full 30 minutes of abdominal exercises that improve core strength.
- Circuit Training – this workout is held in the weight room and done to motivational music. It incorporates cardiovascular training and strength training
- Chair Yoga – this is a great class for residents who are new to yoga or exercise. It uses gentle breathing patterns and stretching postures to reduce stress and unite the mind and body.
- Tai Chi – a traditional form of exercise that helps the mind and body work in concert. It’s also excellent for improving balance.
Walking Groups – our 360° Rooftop Walking Track is a wonderful place to get some exercise while enjoying the fabulous views. The Lloyd Center Mall, right across the street, is a great place to walk indoors during the cold winter months.