Health & Wellness at Holladay Park Plaza Retirement Community

Holladay Park Plaza offers a comprehensive Health and Wellness Program that is based on the concept of successful aging. To age successfully means that you are receiving everything you need in terms of wellness: physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually.

The notion of successful aging was first identified by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, which conducted a 10-year study to determine what causes some people to age better than others. What their research found was that only 30% of physical aging can be attributed to genetics. The other 70% is influenced by a combination of lifestyle decisions that people make throughout their lives. These decisions include eating a healthy diet, getting enough physical exercise, and keeping one’s mind active and engaged.

When you move to Holladay Park Plaza, you’ll have access to everything you need to age successfully, which means feeling healthier, happier, and more fulfilled in mind, body, and spirit. Our on-campus Fitness Center offers state-of-the-art exercise equipment and many different types of exercise classes, so you’re sure to find several that are right for your needs. We also have a beautiful heated Indoor Pool where you can swim laps or take an aqua-aerobics class. Plus, our Fine Dining program offers food that is healthy, delicious, inventive, and full of variety.

Keeping your mind engaged and staying socially active is also easy (and fun!) at Holladay Park Plaza. Each day, you’ll have the opportunity to attend a variety of cultural and educational seminars on campus and off.