Our campus is home to many different types of interest groups, where residents enjoy their favorite hobbies or pursue new avenues of cultural, recreational, or educational adventure.
Many activities are organized by our Recreation Department, while others have been organized by residents themselves. With so many different activities and groups to choose from, you’re sure to find several that appeal to your personal interests.
- Cards & Board Games: Bridge, poker, Mah-jongg, chess, checkers, Scrabble®
- Educational Programs & Lectures: Presentations about health, controversial issues group, music lovers group, resident-hosted wine socials, poetry group, Bible study, enhancing memory class, and more
- Fitness & Exercise Programs: Fitness Center with treadmill, exercise bike, elliptical trainer, recumbent cross trainer, and strength training equipment; a large indoor Pool and Spa; weekly classes include tai chi, better bones, stretch and flex, balance, and aqua aerobics
- Musical Entertainment: Piano recitals, Cascade Manor Resident Choir, visiting musical groups of all types
- Recreation: Billiards, Wii gaming such as bowling, circle-the-planet exercise group, gardening
- Special Events: Oktoberfest, Wine Socials, The Summer Celebration, Annual Health Fair, Monthly Birthday Night
- Trips/Tours: Local wineries, the Hult Center for the Performing Arts, Brocard’s Antique Apple Orchard in Sweet Home, Eugene Symphony, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, weekly lunch-out group, museum trips, coastal trips
- Volunteer Groups: Residents volunteer with local schools, community groups, and on campus at Cascade Manor through resident committees